Office of Sustainability Celebrates Earth Day with Eight Tips to Stay Sustainable
In light of Earth Day on April 22, 2022, AUC's Office of Sustainability has released the following eight tips to help you stay green.
1. Choose energy saving mode on your devices and don't forget to turn them off when not in use.
2. Bring your own and reuse it! Carry a reusable water bottle and shopping bag to reduce your waste.
3. Sort and recycle your waste. Make sure to use the sorting bins on campus correctly.
4. Ride the bus or carpool to save fuel and reduce carbon emissions.
5. Take shorter showers and turn off the water between soaping up and rinsing.
6. Don’t throw trash or paper towels in the toilet since it wastes liters of water. Instead, throw them in the trash.
7. Fight climate change with a diet change! Reduce your meat consumption since it is one of the biggest contributors to greenhouse gases, and raising animals requires a lot of water and resources.
8. Shop local! Imported goods require transportation and storage, which increase emissions.