Sports Achievement Scholarship For Egyptian Students
To be eligible:
- You must participate in sports including, but not limited to, basketball, swimming, judo, rowing, tennis, handball or squash.
- You must not be awarded any other full-tuition scholarship from the University.
- You must submit an official letter issued by the federation of the game, which must be endorsed by the concerned sports union, the Supreme Council of Youth and Sports and the Olympic committee. School competitions are not accepted.
- You may also qualify for the Sports Achievement Scholarship if you have competed in one of the below-mentioned junior championships (less than 18 years), provided that the championship was held during the previous year.
Students who joined the University with no Sports Achievement Scholarship can apply the following year according to the below criteria:
- Students who subsequently realized a position in the annual National Universities Tournament (Shahid El Refaii) as per the below table may submit the certificates obtained from the Egyptian University Sports Federation to the Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships and be granted the scholarship the following fall semester.
- Students who subsequently realized a position as per the below table may submit the certificates obtained from the Sports Federation to the Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships and apply for a Sports Achievement Scholarship starting second year of admission. Students will be granted the scholarship on the semester of submission of required documents, provided that they should have been participating since admission in all AUC tournaments, both national and international.
- Students who play sports that are not listed in or organized by the Egyptian University Sports Federation such as golf, equestrian, or water ballet, and who have not realized a position in the annual National Universities Tournament (Shahid El Refaii), may submit another certificate with evidence of continued success from federation of the game every academic year, until their graduation, to the Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships.
Sports Considered and Classified as Individual or Team Sports
|Archery (Singles only)||Badminton (Single & Double)||Body Building (Singles only)||Bowling (single & Double)||Boxing (Singles Only)||Cycling (Singles only)||Diving (Singles only)||
|Fencing (Singles only)|
|Golf (singles only)||
|Martial Arts (Singles only)||Rhythmic Gymnastics (single & Double)||Rowing (single & Double)||Shooting (Singles only)||Squash (Singles only)||
Swimming (Singles only)
(Relay results not considered)
(Single and Double)
|Track& Field ( Singles only) (Relay results not considered||Water Ballet (Single& Double)||Weight lifting (Singles only)||Wrestling (Singles only)||Tennis (Singles & Doubles)||Basketball||Football||
(4's and 8's)
You must meet the following level of distinction in your final secondary school year:
Type of Championship
|National Championship||Up to second||Up to first|
|Arab Games||Up to second||Up to second|
|African or Mediterranean Games||Up to third||Up to second|
|Olympic Games / World Championship||Up to Fourth||Up to Third|
|Tennis||One to 10 according to the Egyptian Tennis Federation Ranking|
To renew your sports achievement award you must:
- Maintain a grade point average of not less than 2.0.
- Maintain full-time status (be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
- Continue to participate in the National Universities Tournament.
- Meet all other award terms stated in your award letter.
Additional 15 Percent Sports Scholarship Award
Additional funds through the Sports Achievement Scholarship program are available for students who place in the top five at recognized world championships in selected sports. These annual awards are up to an additional 15 percent of tuition, for a total of a 30 percent scholarship award, Evidence of continued success on the international level is required to renew the additional portion of the scholarship.
The Office of Athletics will review all documents submitted to qualify for this additional portion of the scholarship. Official communication certifying the rank in international events must be submitted from the international organization sponsoring the competition or the Olympic committee of the applicant’s home country. Further information about the process and criteria may be directed to the Office of Athletics.
Your application and documents proving your sports achievement levels will be reviewed by the Office of Athletics and evaluated by a committee.
Complete an application and submit supporting documents through Banner Self-Service.
Dead Line to Apply click here