What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is a web-based course management system designed to allow students and faculty to use online materials and activities that complement face-to-face teaching. It helps faculty focus on the fundamentals, manage outcomes and improve performance in real time. Blackboard allows faculty to add resources for students to access online such as PowerPoint, video, audio, animation and other applications that are created outside Blackboard and added to the various Blackboard courses to enhance teaching and learning.
Thus, Blackboard allows students to do many functions, including:
- Access course materials that are placed on Blackboard online
- Take tests and quizzes online
- Participate in online discussion with their fellow students and/or instructor
- Submit course assignments online
- View the course syllabus
- Check their current grades as the semester proceeds, such as midterm, exams, quizzes and final exam grades
Blackboard can be accessed by visiting http://blackboard.aucegypt.edu
If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Blackboard hotline at 012 2900 5544, or ext. 1200.