The Office of Advancement and Communications helps you enhance your online presence through the creation of webpages within the AUC website.
AUC webpages fall under the domain of www.aucegypt.edu and they all follow the same template of the AUC website, meaning that all University webpages have the same masthead, footer and right navigation.
To create a website for your school, center, department, program or office, you need to follow these steps:
- Submit a Communication Services Form and choose "website." The web content representative will contact you for a meeting to discuss:
- The URL (location) of your website on the AUC website, if it is not already present.
- The audience for your website.
- The content items that need to be highlighted on the homepage.
- The best information architecture and navigation for your website as well number of sub-sites needed.
- The most suitable design template for your content. (Click here for templates.)
- If your website needs an Arabic version.
- The different functionalities and requirements needed, e.g. embedding of videos, slideshows and applications that might be needed as business requirements.
- The content unit implements the design template and content structure agreed upon.
- A maximum of one or two users from the office, department or school are given access to the Content Management System
- Training on how on use SharePoint is provided on a monthly basis. To check the training schedule, click here. To reserve a place, send an email to email@example.com. To check training manual, click here.
- After the user enters the content, the content unit reviews the content and the uploading of the photos, approves the website and launches it.
- Regular updates to the website are approved within 24 hours from the time of submission. For any approval delays or problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and for technical support, contact Marian Mamdouh at email@example.com, ext. 2394.
- Monthly or quarterly measurements (Google Analytics) of website traffic can be provided upon request. To request Google Analytics for your site, contact Marian Mamdouh at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 2394.