There are two faculty lounges in AUC New Cairo and in AUC Tahrir Square.
The lounges are for full-time and part-time faculty members, teaching fellows, administrators and their guests. Students are not permitted as guests. In no circumstances are classes or gatherings of students with professors to be held in the lounge. Spouses with guests are also permitted.
AUC New Cairo
The faculty lounge is located in Campus Center, room 1001. There are two accesses, one next to the campus stationery shop (with elevator and staircase), and the other through a back staircase by the AUC Library.
The lounge is open from 8 am to 7 pm, Sunday to Thursday. It is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and official holidays.
- Dining room with terrace, serviced by Catering Co. A salad bar is available during the regular hours. A hot buffet is available from 12 to 4 pm. Food can also be ordered a la carte. You pay the bill to the cashier when you leave. Breakfast can be ordered from the dining room and served in the lounge. See Reservation of Space below.
- Computer room with two PCs. There is no printer.
- Library: a small collection of award-winning (fiction and non-fiction) books including Arabic books translated into English. You can find a list of titles and details regarding the borrowing procedures here.
- English and Arabic newspapers and magazines including the International Herald Tribune, Al Shorouk, Al Masry Al Youm (Arabic), The Guardian Weekly and The Economist are available for reading in the lounge or in the dining room.
Dining Room Reservations
Faculty members may reserve space for lunch for a group. Only Catering Co. provides food in the dining room. For a group of more than five people, reservation must be sent by email a few days in advance (if possible) to Dina Touta at email@example.com.
AUC Tahrir Square
The faculty lounge is located on the main campus, main central building with entrance through the cafeteria.
The lounge is open from 7:30 am to 9:30 pm, Sunday to Thursday, and from 8:30 am to 9:30 pm on Saturday.
- Two computers: a PC and an IMac. There is no printer.
- Tel 20.2.2797.5377 (You must dial “90” first for calls outside of AUC)
- Dining room with a capacity of 32 people. You may bring food and beverages into the faculty lounge from the caterers listed below:
- Restrooms are accessible through the dining room of the lounge.
- CIB services are located next door
Dining Room Reservations
Faculty members may reserve space for lunch for a group in the dining room. If the group is more than 10 people, please make reservations with Dina Touta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For catering, contact an Office of University Food Services representative at 012.7000.1684.
- Electricity and air conditioning: Salah Farouk, tel 012.7000.2011 (AUC housekeeping supervisor)
- Computers: Ahmed Mahmoud, tel 20.2.2797.5348 or 012.2748.3775 (UACT)
If there is no response, contact Dina Touta at 010.0148.0101 or email@example.com.