The International Programs Office (IPO) offers AUC students a wide variety of study-abroad opportunities, mostly on an exchange basis, for a semester or an academic year. International study is an enriching experience that is valuable for students’ personal growth and career prospects.
Exchange Program: An AUC student can choose a specific university from the list of AUC exchange universities to spend a semester or a year, under the terms and conditions of each exchange partner university. Under the exchange program category, AUC students pay AUC tuition in return for students at the partner universities paying their tuition and coming to AUC.
- IPO will not support any applications to non-affiliate universities
- IPO will not support applications to affiliate universities that do not go through the IPO selection process
- Students must spend their last semester at AUC
- Students can take maximum of 15 credit hours at the host university
- Students must pay AUC tuition fees for 15 credit hours even if they choose to enroll in less than 15 credit hours at the host university
Study-Abroad Program: An AUC student can choose a specific university at which to spend a semester or a year from the list of AUC study-abroad universities, under the terms and conditions of each study-abroad partner university. Under the study-abroad program category, AUC students pay the host university tuition fees. Students must spend their last semester at AUC
Requirements for the Exchange and Study-Abroad Program:
Interested students must fulfill the following requirements in order to apply for an exchange or a study-abroad opportunity:
1) The student must be in a good academic standing. Students placed on probation of any form will not be eligible. Good academic standing is identified as follows:
For exchange: minimum GPA of 3.2
For study abroad: minimum GPA as requested by the host university
2) The student must have completed her or his first year at AUC and preferably apply while in their sophomore year.
3) Major declaration must be completed.
4) All students must complete the following freshmen-level core curriculum requirements:
- RHET 110/1010 - Analytical and Persuasive Writing (3 credits) and CORE 110/1010
- RHET 120/1020 - Research Writing (3 credits)
Application Screening and Selection:
Complete AUC’s internal online application for exchange/study abroad. A complete application must include a variety of documents, which can be submitted separately to the IPO. Once the application file is complete, the review committee, will screen applications and the selection panel will interview nominees.
Applications go through the following screening stages:
1) Eligibility screening for GPA and a complete application
2) General evaluation of student resume and personal statement
Students who pass the above two stages will sit for a personal interview with a specialized panel.
The panel will evaluate the following:
Host University Choices
Work experience and internships
In addition to the minimum criteria listed above, students are subject to the specific admission criteria of each host university. Additionally, for the purpose of exchange, considering slots are usually limited, the review committee will make final decisions on the following rated criteria:
- Relevancy to academic goals as demonstrated through personal statement
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to handle independent international travel and experience
- Diversity of academic and extracurricular activities pursued, as demonstrated in the CV or resume
**The host university has the right to accept/reject the nominated student according to further criteria that will match their own rules and regulations
Exchange and Study-Abroad Orientation Sessions
- Sunday, September 17, 2017, Conference and Visitor Center, Room P022
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017, Conference and Visitor Center, Room P022
- Monday, October 2, 2017, Conference and Visitor Center, Room P022
- Thursday, October 12, 2017, Conference and Visitor Center, Room P019
All orientation session are held from 1 to 2 pm.
All sessions are at the same time, only one may be selected for attendance.
- About Us
- Undergraduate Study Abroad and Exchange Program
- Graduate Study Abroad and Exchange Program
- Summer Study Abroad Program
- Frequently Asked Questions